Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2016

The past 9 months.

It's positive! | Daddy, mammy & baby Dr Martens | A sneak peak of the nursery
12 week scan | Daddy & bump | 20 week scan
28 week bump | Baby shower | 38 week bump

Tuesday 29th September 2015 - Dan and I had the delightful experience of discovering we were going to be parents. 
Fast forward 8 months.
Wednesday 1st June 2016 - my due date. The date we had been anticipating and looking forward to for what feels like forever.


Having a visit from the midwife today, talking about the options of our daughter making an appearance naturally, or by induction, it all started to feel so surreal. It dawned on me that, although I haven't blogged in a while, I wanted to create a post, a recap of the past so many months. I knew that in a few months or years down the line, I'd want to remember this journey we've been through so far, before we get lost in what's to come. I wanted to somehow document it, and I knew that my blog would be the perfect place to put it. Even if no one reads this, it's here for my memory's sake. I already regret not taking enough photos to record my pregnancy, so I don't want to regret not doing this too.


Dan and I have spoke about it, and we've decided that we don't want anymore children, so it's made everything from this pregnancy extra special, as it's something we won't have again. From the positive test, to the first scan, feeling her first kicks and eventually her birth. And seeing my bump grow has been one of the most rewarding things out of it all.

What we have to come is so scary, yet so exciting. It's strange to think that it'll never just be the two us again, but amazing that we'll have this little girl to bring up, look after and take everywhere with us. In the past two years we've gone from friends, to being in a relationship, to living together, and now we're going to be a family. There's no better feeling in the world.

I'm wanting to blog all throughout little one's early years, as well as doing my usual, although irregular, beauty and lifestyle posts. When I have time, as I imagine I'll have my hands very full shortly, I'm wanting to give my blog a whole makeover, including a new name and and new layout, to suit my new style. I really feel like I'm growing up!

Fingers crossed, the next time I post, Little Miss will have made her appearance. I might do pregnancy posts, such as a nursery tour and a what's in my hospital bag, if it's something that people would be interested in. And if there's any posts in particular you'd like to see, just comment below.

Follow me on social media to keep updated.
Wish us luck!

Love Beth, Dan & Bump
x


Twitter- @_bethhenderson
Instagram- @_bethanyhenderson


No comments:

Post a Comment